Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

I was the maid of honor for my best friend's wedding this past summer. For the Tea Ceremony dress in the morning, my best friend decided to have all the bridesmaids wear different styles in various shades of red. This way, it would allow the girls to have more freedom in choosing what looked best and save some money. It was extremely hard for me to find an affordable yet still bridesmaid-appropriate red dress. I browsed a lot of online shops because the selection at the mall or boutiques were either too expensive or failed to have an extensive selection of dresses in the color red. After much hunting and deliberation, I finally decided on a red One Strap Shoulder Dress with a black contrast belt from the UK online retailer ASOS. I'm usually rather hesitant to buy things online unless I know the retailer offers free shipping and returns. However, this "red"dress actually looked more like orange red than the "red" my friend was aiming. Fortunately, all the bridesmaid red shades regardless of the cool or warm tones looked amazing good together in photos. My friend was very HAPPY the results of our dresess.

The dress on the ASOS model...

And the red dress on MOI. I am at least 6 inches shorter than the ASOS model and probably weigh a lot more than her! I also felt the puffy sleeve was bit too much, but the strapless shoulder actually look quite nice...
Dress: ASOS Necklace: Banana Republic Trina Turk Gold Chain Earrings: Pearl Studs Shoes: Sofft Ramona Pumps 

My Trink Turk Gold Chain necklace actually has a beautiful floral brooch clasp.
The pain of high heels T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment